Friday, March 4, 2016

Letter To Governor



Dear Governor Bentley,

I understand you are a very busy man and mostly likely will not get to this letter, but pardon me anyways. My name is Alex and I work at the after school daycare on the quarter. I spend most of my time there and afterwards at the Rainbow Club. I am fairly new to this part of town and have only met a few people who lived relatively close to my humble abode. The people of this town are quite lively and passionate about what they do, and I enjoy that immensely. Enough about myself, if you do not mind I'd like to talk about one of my close friends.

Jefferson was my first friend when I moved to the quarter. He had a childish personality but he was old enough for me to have a serious conversation with him. I met him when he was younger, he did not go to school but often attended the daycare. Miss Emma often brought him from the other side of town but I would still see him every day. Jefferson was like a younger brother to me, even maybe a son. He always felt indecisive though. It felt as if he was afraid to make a decision for himself.

I recently heard the news of Jefferson being in prison, awaiting execution. The neighbors said he killed a man. In all honesty, Jefferson is not capable to do such an act. Hell, he would not even know how or when to pull the trigger! He has never been able to make a decision on his own all his life, who would think that he could plan and act out a murder? Jefferson was just at the wrong place at the wrong time, he just had to be! He has too big of a heart and too childish of a mind to kill someone in a cold blood. Just give him a chance, let him live..please.

Sincerely, Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment